All of the money raised in our annual campaign goes towards our financial assistance program, Everyone Deserves a Y. Each of our Y's grant the money they collect to deserving children, families and individuals in our community.
How we live our cause
Because of people like you, we are able to provide opportunities that improve our community's health and well-being, activities that bring families closer together and programs that empower young people to find success. Your generous support keeps the Y available for those who need us most.
In the past year the YMCA of Roanoke Valley has provided $1.2 million to more than 5,600 families and individuals, right here in our own community. Here's how your gift can make a difference.
- $60 gives a child confidence in and around the water with two weeks of swim lessons
- $150 allows a child from a single-parent home to experience a world of learning in two weeks of Y summer camp
- $250 provides a safe, positive environment for teens to grow, thrive and learn with a year-round membership
- $350 gives a senior citizen on a fixed income the opportunity to stay strong, healthy and connected to a community with her individual membership.
- $500 offers a family with limited financial resources the hope, health and support they need to stay strong through a household membership.
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and your gift is tax-deductible. And we make sure that 100% of your contribution stays in your community, right here in your own neighborhood.
Become a part of our cause and donate today. Your gift really does have an impact! Want to learn more? Contact the executive director of your local YMCA, or contact Dale Parris, Development Director, at 540-342-9622 or email@example.com.