Time is everything. And when you give your time to the great causes that the Y stands for, you’re taking an active role in bringing about change right in your own neighborhood. We know that when we all work together to invest in our kids, our health and our neighbors, we can truly make personal and social change.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Teach kids water safety in our Y Splash program
- Coach our sports teams
- Lead our Board of Directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation and to our community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support others
How can I make a difference?
It’s easy to volunteer and we’re looking forward to positively changing our community with you. Here are some of our current volunteer needs:
Volunteer Youth Soccer Coaches
Preschool & Youth Soccer
Sep 10 - Oct 15 & Jan 9 - Feb 13, Saturdays, 9:00am-1:00pm
Contact: Dee Selman at Kirk Family YMCA 540.342.9622 or
Felicia Branham at Salem Family YMCA 540.387.9622
Volunteer Water Safety Instructors
This fall, the Y is seeking volunteers who can teach water safety to second graders in our Y Splash program.
Sep - Dec, Weekdays, 11:30am-1:00pm
Contact Keith Gaines at Kirk Family YMCA 540.342.9622
Looking for other opportunities? Ask the Welcome Desk for upcoming opportunities at the Y.